Published on March 3rd, 2014 | by TS1
I’m not usually a fan of modified watches, but this one caught my eye. Probably because it looks like an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.
Here are the details of the modifications:
- Seiko SKX007 K (purchased new April 2013)
- WJean Super Oyster 22mm stainless steel bracelet with solid end links
- Murphy SE2050 “Coin Edge” Bezel (USA)
- Yobokies Crystal Window case back
- Yobokies Omega Planet Ocean bezel insert
There are a lot of reasons why I like this particular watch. I’ve always pined over the Planet Oceans. I’ll eventually get one someday. So obviously I like the Yobokies bezel insert. The WJean Super Oyster bracelet is sharp looking. The bezel is a style that I’ve always liked. I’ve always kept an eye out for a pilot with a coin edge bezel but I haven’t found a Seiko that has one.
It’s a pretty good deal considering the the cost of all the parts. If you’re open to modified watches, I think this one is well put together.